Salmon River Mountain Range Timberland
Boise County, Valley County, Adams County & Idaho County, ID
60,285 ± Acres · $150,712,500
- Borders 160 ± miles of public land
- 65 ± miles of rivers and streams, including the North Fork of the Payette River
- Located in the Salmon River and Boise Mountain Ranges
Located in the picturesque Salmon River and Boise Mountain Ranges, between Boise and McCall, this 60,285 ± acres of private deeded land is being offered for the first time at this size. Very few large Rocky Mountain timber acreages are located within a highly desirable growing populous area that supports other higher and better uses outside of timber. Of those, very seldom do they become available on the market for acquisition. These properties are essentially a blank canvas with amazing views of mountains, lakes, and towns. Approximately 160 miles of the properties border BLM, USFS or IDL lands which allows the property to truly feel like it is even larger than it is. The properties have been historically used for select timber production but much of it has development potential and all is highly desired for recreational and hunting including elk, mule deer, bear, and grouse. Water is abundant on most of the properties with over 65 miles of rivers and streams, including the North Fork of the Payette River, and numerous live springs throughout. The network of good interior roads throughout allows for easy access. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to purchase 60,285 ± acres of privately owned Rocky Mountain timberland in a state where only 14% of forest land is privately owned.
- McCall is a major year round tourist resort town of all seasons with many area attractions. www.visitmccall.org
- Payette Lake, a natural glacial mountain lake (392 ft) that supports many recreational activities and breathtaking views.
- Nearby elaborate snowmobile trail system and summer mountain trails. www.ridemccall.com
- Lake Cascade is a large recreation reservoir.
- Tamarack Snow Ski Resort, a family oriented ski resort overlooking Lake Cascade. www.tamarackidaho.com
- Brundage Snow Ski Resort, which has over 320 base area inches of snow annually and holds a reputation as one of the best snow areas in Idaho. www.brundage.com
- Two nearby airports (McCall, Cascade).
- Five (5) nearby first-class mountain golf courses, and many others within driving distances.
- Boise, a major city as well as the State Capital of Idaho. www.visitboise.com
- Nearby North Fork Payette River provides water rafting opportunities from calm waters up to Class V whitewater rapids.
- The property is located within the Salmon River Mountain Range, which encompasses numerous National Forests as well as the Frank Church – River of No Return Wilderness, the largest contiguous Wilderness Area in the lower-48.
- Idaho has approximately 208 glaciers and perennial snowﬁelds, as well as many alpine mountain lakes to remember for a lifetime.
- With approximately 34,807,000 total public acres (Forest Service, BLM, State) including most of the Rocky Mountains of Idaho, there are unlimited nearby discovery opportunities.
Prior appointment scheduling is required.
Disclaimer: Owner makes full disclosure that they share common ownership with an Idaho licensed real estate entity.
All the above information was provided by various sources and has not been verified for accuracy. Any of the above information used or relied upon for decisions should be verified by buyer.